City of Utrecht Areas
The city of Utrecht has a lot to offer; bars, restaurants, many shopping options and 3 campuses.
- City of Utrecht
The city of Utrecht has a lot to offer; bars, restaurants, many shopping options and 3 campuses. VIEW ALL
Park Oog in Al
Experience the enchanting allure of Park Oog in Al: a captivating city park with wildlife, historical traces, and a culinary oasis at Landhuis in de Stad.
- By Lobke
- Lobke: “This is a beautiful park in Lombok. I lived nearby and took many walks here during the pandemic. It is a place for all animal lovers, as there is a deer enclosure in the middle of the park with various animals. Additionally, the park is also home to Landhuis in de Stad, a place for great coffee and pastries.”
Bunk Hotel Utrecht
Savor the flavors of a converted church at BUNK Hotel Utrecht - where creativity and comfort meet in a one-of-a-kind dining and lodging experience!
t Oude Pothuys
Discover the perfect harmony of live music and delectable delights at 't Oude Pothuys.
Life's a Peach
Utrecht's cozy haven where fresh flavors meet local designs.
Tired of studying in the library? Kushiin is just around the corner!
- By Fayruz
- Fayruz : “Not only is their coffee great, but the staff is also amazing, and their salty caramel cake is to die for! Also, keep your Shazam open as you might want to know every song they’re playing. They also serve delicious food, especially the brunch. On top of all that, they offer Wi-Fi and power outlets, making it a convenient spot to work. And the cherry on top? It's located right next to the library, so when they close, I just move to the library. ”
Chris's Lunch & Snacks
Get your pita gyros here and you hangover will disappear immediately
Don’t miss West’s special beer for only €4
Ping pong club
Are you the Ping Pong King?
- By Milan + 1
- Lobke: “As far as I'm concerned, Ping Pong is also a sport. It can get quite competitive. The Ping Pong Club is super fun to go to with friends and have a great time hitting the ball with a paddle.”
- Milan: “To be honest, I've only been there once, just before all the catering industry closed again, but it was certainly worth repeating.”
NODA Eetbar & Deli
Discover hidden bliss at NODA café, nestled within the Neude library. Relax, catch up, and indulge in delightful beverages and treats, all served with a warm atmosphere and friendly smiles.
- By Lobke
- Lobke: “This is one of my favorite spots. It is the coffee shop of the city library and is a bit of a hidden gem, as you can enter it taking the elevator located at Oude Gracht, next to Broese. Inside, it is always bright due to the large windows. With its cozy and relaxing atmosphere, it is a great place for working and studying.”
Get your swimsuit and come here to swim and relax with friends or strangers
Bookstore Steven Sterk
Uncover literary treasures beside the iconic Dom tower.
Gratify your body and soul with authentic Korean cuisine.
Cafe de Beuntjes
Close to the library with favorable prices: The place for students
Dishes that are great for sharing
Drown yourself in Hollywood!
The perfect place for a beer in the evening sun
Liquor store Wine & Whisky
A liquor store for the connoisseur
This park is a few minutes away from the the City Center University library and is a popular meeting spots for students.
- By Studentlife Team + 5
- Daphne: “Together with my group of friends, I have the tradition of having a barbecue every spring/summer in Griftpark, where we can sit by the water and enjoy ourselves.”
- Thomas: “A beautiful park, perfect for a picnic with friends. It also has an interesting history. Until 1960, it was the most polluted place in Utrecht due to the gas factory that was built there.”
- Studentlife Team: “Griftpark has so much to offer, from a basketball court to skate park and a “city petting zoo”!”
Ohøj coffee roasting
This cozy cafe provides great coffee, the barista is always dancing and is always in a good mood, so it is the ideal study break location!
Surya Restaurant & Bar
Fall in love with Surya’s warmth and quality.
This 122-year-old park is Utrecht's most favourite spot for a summer BBQ.
- By Jiani + 3
- Studentlife Team: “It is a perfect spot for a date or quality time with friends. Located between the International Campus and the city centre, Wilhelminapark is always full of students having picnics or going for walks. In the summer you should definitely try ice cream from Vorst, which is just around the corner.”
- Kees: “I have a very sweet dog who I love to walk and play with. When we go to the Wilhelmina Park together, she is as happy as a pup and runs/swims after everything.”
- Jiani : “We held our Welcome Week at this park, and there was plenty of space for a variety of outdoor activities. You can bring a blanket for a picnic, and there is also a beautiful view of the pond and trees, making it an exceptional place to enjoy a good time with friends in good weather! I met my classmates here, enjoyed some beer, and soaked up the sun on a lovely afternoon.”
A green oasis in a historic building, for brunch, drinks & dinner
Up for a board game or a round of billiards? Stichtse Taveerne has it all!
Broadway American Steakhouse
Perfect spot for steak lovers
- By Jiani
- Jiani : “It’s the first restaurant I visited when I arrived in the Netherlands. It has a great outdoor seating area with a view of the canal. It's the perfect place to enjoy some delicious ribs on a sunny day! The interior of the restaurant is just as impressive, and I actually ended up celebrating my birthday there with a friend.”
Cha Cha Bubble tea & Coffee
Craving something refreshing to drink?
- By Fayruz
- Fayruz : “This is one of my favorite bubble tea places in the Netherlands, especially during summer so that I can drink their special iced tea with the amazing tapioca or the other jellies. And the staff is so friendly. I also tried warm bubble tea here for the first time in my life and now I can’t go without their warm green apple tea with mango jelly.”