University Quarter Areas
In the city center of Utrecht there is a campus area with many university buildings; the university quarter.
- University Quarter
In the city center of Utrecht there is a campus area with many university buildings; the university quarter. VIEW ALL
Historical square Janskerkhof
Janskerkhof and the streets surrounding it represent the historical beauty of the city of Utrecht in close proximity to the City center library of the UU.
University Library City Centre
The white furnishings and natural light make this a perfect place to concentrate.
- By Jamal + 6
- Studentlife Team: “The city centre library is known for its beautiful design. It also offers great coffee which is perfect for an enjoyable study break with your friends.”
- Lobke: “I've had quite a few meetings, study sessions, and all-nighters here. I find the University Library to be a great place to truly focus. Additionally, it's such a beautiful building!”
- Jamal: “Persoonlijk vind ik deze bibliotheek veel huiselijker dan de universiteitsbibliotheek in het Utrecht Science Park. De inrichting van deze bibliotheek geeft mij rust.”
The AKT Office
Media and Culture: A second home
- By Milan + 1
- Berne: “The AKT office feels like my second living room where I can always go and have a chat with my fellow students.”
- Milan: “A super nice place, where I feel like Mario Kart or Just Dance is played 24/7. So to spend a few free hours competitively in the AKT office where you need to be”
The association room of U.A.V
Take a break at the U.A.V association room
Kromme nieuwe gracht 80
Humanities: Make it practical!
The most iconic UU building in the city centre
- By Studentlife Team + 2
- Berne: “It is such a beautiful building to visit and to take a picture of. As it is located nicely in the centre of the city, I love taking a walk around the area, visiting the building and proudly saying that I'm a UU student :)”
- Derin: “Every time I walk through this location, it always motivates me.””
- Studentlife Team: “It’s a historical place where the Union of Utrecht was signed in 1579, eventually leading to the formation of the Dutch Republic! Now this is where all academic ceremonies take place.”
Media and Culture: Make it practical!
- By Milan + 1
- Derin: “Our gorgeous temple! Or at least a meeting place for everyone! Not only home for Studio M but also the location for other student associations like AKT! ”
- Milan: “If you ever want to work out a project but just don't have the right material or knowledge/experience, the members of Studio M are always eager to lend you a hand.”