Around Utrecht Areas
Our students will give you the best recommendations for the surrounding suburbs.
- Around Utrecht
Our students will give you the best recommendations for the surrounding suburbs. VIEW ALL
Cheap option for your grocery shopping
Fortress bij Rijnauwen
Together with Amelisweerd, this is Utrecht's most popular outdoor area.
- By Stephan + 2
- Berne: “It’s hard to miss Fort Rijnauwen if you go on your morning runs around the forest in Amelisweerd. The history behind the walls adds a bit of character to the forest and its beautiful flora and fauna. The sunset walks there are amazing too, definitely check it out in the early months of May, when it’s the perfect weather”
- Manu : “The fort itself is really nice, and I also like the woods around it. There are often playful sheep around the fort!”
- Stephan: “I love to take a walk in the countryside and enjoy the beautiful weather.”
Leidsche Rijn centrum
Check out the Jumbo food market
Swimming Pool Den Hommel
For the water lovers
Castle De Haar
Although the castle is the largest one in the Netherlands, there are not a lot of tourists/visitors around. If you have a museum card, you don't need to pay for entrance fee
Tea room Rhijnauwen
Theehuis Rhijnauwen is a household name in Utrecht and undoubtedly the best place to eat pancakes.
- By Studentlife Team + 3
- Stephan: “You can eat delicious pancakes here! I especially like coming here in the summer, because Theehuis Rhijnauwen has a beautiful and large terrace.”
- Leon: “Don't forget to get your biological milk at one of the farms. Also, the pancakes here are amazing.”
- Studentlife Team: “Theehuis Rhijnauwen is a charming restaurant in Bunnik and ideal spot for a cup of tea and a piece of cake. Surrounded by nature, it stands out for its unique atmosphere.”
Boulder hall Energiehaven
The boulder hall of Utrecht!
Ohøj coffee roasting
This cozy cafe provides great coffee, the barista is always dancing and is always in a good mood, so it is the ideal study break location!
Cinema Pathé Leidsche Rijn
This cinema has 7 screens and is located on the roof of the Leidsche Rijntunnel on the A2 high way
- By Stephan + 1
- Studentlife Team: “For all cinemaholics out there, you should definitely check out Pathé membership! It gives you unlimited access to regular screenings for 21 EUR per month”
- Stephan: “I always like going here with some friends to see a good action movie. Especially the films in 4DX are highly recommended!”
Nature Reserve Amelisweerd
Tip! Explore Amelisweerd with a canoe!
- By Jamal + 3
- Valerie : “It's delightful to swim here in the summer! Besides, it's always nice to escape the city and take a walk to see adorable goats.”
- Vito : “In the summer it is really great to picnic here and swim in the Kromme Rijn. Bring a swimming ring and go with the flow!”
- Jamal: “It gives me the space to empty my head once in a while.”
Park, playground and zoo all in one!
- By Berne + 2
- Panagiota: “This is a park that you can enjoy all year round. The park has also several fenced areas that are home to a diverse fauna, including deers, llamas, pigs, and different kinds of birds!”
- Studentlife Team: “Visiting this park is the best way to reconnect with nature and boost your well-being by surrounding yourself with animals like chickens, sheep, and ducks.”
- Berne: “In every season the juliana park is a nice place to walk. And in the summer you can have a picnic among the chickens”
Máximapark is about the same size as Central Park in New York!
Beach Oog in Al (SOIA)
Unique place in Utrecht, a beach surrounded by water with a beautiful view.
De Vechtsebanen Sports & Businesscampus
Get your skates on and glide into Utrecht's coolest ice-skating experience!
- By Fayruz
- Fayruz : “I absolutely adore the fact that there's a cozy spot to relax, grab a bite and sip on something refreshing after skating with your friends. I will forever remember my experience here, my falls especially (LOL I am not a great skater, I come from a dessert place). Also, it was the best place to be at, while celebrating Valentine’s Day with my friends.”
Park Bloeyendael is Utrecht's best kept secret!