Best suggestions from our students on perhaps the most beautiful canal in the Netherlands.
Best suggestions from our students on perhaps the most beautiful canal in the Netherlands. VIEW ALL
Canoe rental Utrecht
Reserve a canoe in the center of Utrecht. Discover Utrecht from the canals, the ideal day out for everyone.
- By Sarthak + 4
- Vito : “With the canoes you can see a large part of the city center of Utrecht from a beautiful and different perspective. Canoeing under Hoog Catharijne is a fun experience. ”
- Studentlife Team: “There is no better way to discover Utrecht than through canoeing!”
- Sarthak: “Canoeing through the canals in Oudegracht gives you different perspective of the city altogether.”
Discover the breathtaking interior of Humphrey’s restaurant
Dille & Kamille
Nice store with sustainable products, perfect for gifts!
Board games shop Subcultures
One of the board game shops of Utrecht
- By Laura + 2
- Studentlife Team: “Are you in need of a new board game? Subcultures has something for you!”
- Hau : “At Subcultures, you can find fun games to play with your friends. They have a wide selection, so there's something for everyone!”
- Laura : “In addition to the extensive range of games and the expertise of the staff, they also have a fun escape room.”
Good food and a central location!
Foodtruck Broodje Ben
Broodje Ben is a household name among Utrecht students
- By Studentlife Team + 2
- Stephan: “During my breaks I like to get a delicious lunch at Broodje Ben together with a few fellow students. These sandwiches are highly recommended! ”
- Derin: “Who doesn’t know Boodje Ben? Whether it be by the Science Park or at the Oudegracht, Boodje Ben offers unlimited choices of sandwiches so you’ll never be bored or run out of choice. 21 is my personal favourite, the pine nuts, mango and chicken just blend so well together.”
- Studentlife Team: “No student can resist a sandwich from Broodje Ben. Due to their large selection and amazing quality, there are always long lines in front of their stand. But it’s worth the wait.”
Café restaurant Winkel van Sinkel
This is one of those places that feel so vibrant and alive.
Restaurant Rum Club
For a nice cocktail and a view over the Oudegracht
- By Studentlife Team
- Studentlife Team: “Rum Club in Utrecht is renowned for its exquisite cocktails and delightful tapas. While it may be a bit on the pricey side, it's definitely worth visiting from time to time. The inviting interior and beach-like atmosphere transport you away from rainy Utrecht, creating a unique and enjoyable experience. Moreover, friendly staff adds to the overall charm of the place.”
Tunnel under the Ganzenmarkt
In the evening, the Ganzenmarkt Tunnel makes for a great location for some pictures.
Vintage store Episode
This is one of the most popular thrift shops in the city center, favorite of many students.
- By Berne
- Berne: “Episode is the epitome of an organized chaos. There are way too many things in the store, yet they are neatly sectioned according to colour, material and types. If you have an unconventional themed party to attend to, I’m sure you’ll be able to find something jaw dropping at Episode for it”
Located in the heart of the city, passing by the canal is a daily activity for most Utrechters.
Greek restaurant Taverna
A piece of the Mediterranean in the heart of Utrecht.
Book shop Broese
One of the biggest bookstores in Utrecht
- By Stephan + 2
- Wiktoria: “I always spend hours in Broese, just walking and looking at books. As an international student, I appreciate the wide availability of English books. ”
- Studentlife Team: “International students love visiting Broese due to its large collection of English books. It’s the biggest bookstore in Utrecht which also contains a coffee shop where you can enjoy your reading with a cup of coffee. ”
- Stephan: “The extensive collection of original books ensures that it is always hard not to come out with one or more!”
Cinema Pathé Rembrandt
Cinema on the Oudegracht in the centre of Utrecht.
- By Vito + 2
- Milan: “I try to go to the cinema at least once a month and I prefer going to Pathe Rembrandt. It is in the centre of the city, so it is easy to combine with a dinner or a drink.”
- Studentlife Team: “Pathe Rembrandt attracts a lot of movie lovers with its wide choice of movies as well as its brilliant location in the heart of Utrecht, along the canal.”
- Vito : “I enjoy going to this bios. Here, the well-known films are screened in a cozy cinema, right in the center.”