Food for every budget. Our students know where you can eat well.
Food for every budget. Our students know where you can eat well. VIEW ALL
Bunk Hotel Utrecht
Savor the flavors of a converted church at BUNK Hotel Utrecht - where creativity and comfort meet in a one-of-a-kind dining and lodging experience!
You have to try these desserts
Louis Hartlooper Complex
Former police station, now one of the coolest movie theatres in the city!
- By Studentlife Team + 2
- Derin: “As a cinephile, I could not ignore this location! You could watch different works from Hollywood auteurs (not Marvel and Spiderman) to European Art House films in this awesome place! ”
- Valerie : “This cinema always gives me a warm feeling. It's so cozy! Grabbing a beer first and then watching a movie is fantastic here :)”
- Studentlife Team: “Louis Hartlooper is a must-see for art cinema lovers!”
Ping pong club
Are you the Ping Pong King?
- By Milan + 1
- Lobke: “As far as I'm concerned, Ping Pong is also a sport. It can get quite competitive. The Ping Pong Club is super fun to go to with friends and have a great time hitting the ball with a paddle.”
- Milan: “To be honest, I've only been there once, just before all the catering industry closed again, but it was certainly worth repeating.”
You have to try these desserts
Discover the breathtaking interior of Humphrey’s restaurant
In case you didn’t have any dinner plans, Rechtbank is a place to be
Perfect place for tapas fans
Lunch in the heart of Utrecht
Food and drinks with immaculate vibes
Cafe de Beuntjes
Close to the library with favorable prices: The place for students
Gratify your body and soul with authentic Korean cuisine.
Shopping centre Hoog Catharijne
The one-stop shop for everything you need in life.
- By Jamal + 4
- Daphne : “ Whenever I need something, I visit Hoog Catharijne because with the wide selection of shops there, I always find what I'm looking for.”
- Studentlife Team: “Apart from a myriad of stores, Hong Catharijne offers a lot of food options together with its convenient location just few minutes’ walk from Utrecht Centraal.”
- Jamal: “Ever since I was young, every time I visit the city centre, I always make a tour through the mediamarkt. Window shopping, I can enjoy that.”
Anan Saigon Streetfood
Anan offers delightful and tasty food, together with a friendly atmosphere to spend some quality time with friends.
Café de Poort
Between the oraganizational lectures, take a break at De Poort
- By Studentlife Team
- Studentlife Team: “Between classes, grab a coffee with your friends on their sun-drenched terrace at Ledig Erf. And after a long day of lectures and tutorials, unwind at this charming café with a refreshing drink or treat yourself to a delicious meal. It's the perfect place to relax and enjoy your student life!”
Good food and a central location!
Municipal Theatre (Stadsschouwburg)
This theatre building and its fun architecture is a cultural hot spot for students and teachers alike.
Dishes that are great for sharing
GGULMAT by SONMAT
Taste authentic Korean cuisine in the city centre of Utrecht!
Café restaurant Winkel van Sinkel
This is one of those places that feel so vibrant and alive.
Restaurant Rum Club
For a nice cocktail and a view over the Oudegracht
- By Studentlife Team
- Studentlife Team: “Rum Club in Utrecht is renowned for its exquisite cocktails and delightful tapas. While it may be a bit on the pricey side, it's definitely worth visiting from time to time. The inviting interior and beach-like atmosphere transport you away from rainy Utrecht, creating a unique and enjoyable experience. Moreover, friendly staff adds to the overall charm of the place.”
Not just a nice restaurant, but also a great place to study!
- By Stephan + 1
- Studentlife Team: “Come and taste Vapiano’s Italian food! In spring you can also dine on their roof terrace”
- Stephan: “If you don't know where you will make a reservation to eat out, Vapiano Hoog Catharijne is always a good choice! They have friendly service and the food is always good.”
Tea room Rhijnauwen
Theehuis Rhijnauwen is a household name in Utrecht and undoubtedly the best place to eat pancakes.
- By Stephan + 3
- Ingmar: “A classic and quaint little place outside of the city centre, the Theehuis is an absolute must when coming to Utrecht. Their pancakes are to die-for and will only make you want to come back for more. TIP - My favorite is the Super Sem ;-)”
- Leon: “Don't forget to get your biological milk at one of the farms. Also, the pancakes here are amazing.”
- Stephan: “You can eat delicious pancakes here! I especially like coming here in the summer, because Theehuis Rhijnauwen has a beautiful and large terrace.”
Surya Restaurant & Bar
Fall in love with Surya’s warmth and quality.
Greek restaurant Taverna
A piece of the Mediterranean in the heart of Utrecht.
De Neude square
Perfect place to have a drink, paced with bars and restaurants
- By Studentlife Team + 1
- Berne: “Square De Neude is a meeting place for me and my friends, as it is located in the city centre.”
- Studentlife Team: “Neude is the place that pops into your mind when someone asks to go for drinks. Among students, it has become a popular meeting point, while going out with friends.”
Sports centre Olympos
Whatever sport you do, you can do it at Olympos!
- By Leon + 4
- Ingmar: “I love Olympos because it’s not limited to just one type of sport, opening up a whole world of activities to all the university’s students. Ballroom dancing is one of my favorite activities that Olympos caters to.”
- Laura : “I don't personally engage in sports, but I do visit Olympos for the sports bar to enjoy affordable beer with friends.”
- Leon: “I play football and go to the gym here.The team welcomed me in the most desirable way and the gym is very well equipped”
A little bit of Ireland in Utrecht!
A green oasis in a historic building, for brunch, drinks & dinner
Broadway American Steakhouse
Perfect spot for steak lovers
- By Jiani
- Jiani : “It’s the first restaurant I visited when I arrived in the Netherlands. It has a great outdoor seating area with a view of the canal. It's the perfect place to enjoy some delicious ribs on a sunny day! The interior of the restaurant is just as impressive, and I actually ended up celebrating my birthday there with a friend.”