Which lunch places do our students recommend? An overview of places all over the city.
Which lunch places do our students recommend? An overview of places all over the city. VIEW ALL
Tired of studying in the library? Kushiin is just around the corner!
- By Fayruz
- Fayruz : “Not only is their coffee great, but the staff is also amazing, and their salty caramel cake is to die for! Also, keep your Shazam open as you might want to know every song they’re playing. They also serve delicious food, especially the brunch. On top of all that, they offer Wi-Fi and power outlets, making it a convenient spot to work. And the cherry on top? It's located right next to the library, so when they close, I just move to the library. ”
Chris's Lunch & Snacks
Get your pita gyros here and you hangover will disappear immediately
Ping pong club
Are you the Ping Pong King?
- By Lobke + 1
- Milan: “To be honest, I've only been there once, just before all the catering industry closed again, but it was certainly worth repeating.”
- Lobke: “As far as I'm concerned, Ping Pong is also a sport. It can get quite competitive. The Ping Pong Club is super fun to go to with friends and have a great time hitting the ball with a paddle.”
You have to try these desserts
Brighten up your work day with a delicious cup of coffee
In case you didn’t have any dinner plans, Rechtbank is a place to be
Food and drinks with immaculate vibes
Lunch in the heart of Utrecht
NODA Eetbar & Deli
Discover hidden bliss at NODA café, nestled within the Neude library. Relax, catch up, and indulge in delightful beverages and treats, all served with a warm atmosphere and friendly smiles.
- By Lobke
- Lobke: “This is one of my favorite spots. It is the coffee shop of the city library and is a bit of a hidden gem, as you can enter it taking the elevator located at Oude Gracht, next to Broese. Inside, it is always bright due to the large windows. With its cozy and relaxing atmosphere, it is a great place for working and studying.”
Get allured by the smell of the freshly baked bread
Café de Poort
Between the oraganizational lectures, take a break at De Poort
- By Studentlife Team
- Studentlife Team: “Between classes, grab a coffee with your friends on their sun-drenched terrace at Ledig Erf. And after a long day of lectures and tutorials, unwind at this charming café with a refreshing drink or treat yourself to a delicious meal. It's the perfect place to relax and enjoy your student life!”
The Discovery you need to make!
Shopping centre Hoog Catharijne
The one-stop shop for everything you need in life.
- By Berne + 3
- Studentlife Team: “Apart from a myriad of stores, Hong Catharijne offers a lot of food options together with its convenient location just few minutes’ walk from Utrecht Centraal.”
- Fayruz : “This is easily my favorite place in Utrecht. I can get lost here for hours and always find something to do. I love that it has everything from Amazing Oriental, Bruna bookstore, and Action to clothing stores, Lush, and countless other shops, as well as great restaurants.”
- Berne: “Shopping mall Hoog Catharije is a meeting place for me and my friends, as we have the chance to do some shopping and then enjoy a coffee.”
Shop Zuivelhoeve Utrecht
Zuivelhoeve is a famous shop selling mainly Dutch traditional cheese.
Café restaurant Winkel van Sinkel
This is one of those places that feel so vibrant and alive.
Not just a nice restaurant, but also a great place to study!
- By Studentlife Team + 1
- Stephan: “If you don't know where you will make a reservation to eat out, Vapiano Hoog Catharijne is always a good choice! They have friendly service and the food is always good.”
- Studentlife Team: “Come and taste Vapiano’s Italian food! In spring you can also dine on their roof terrace”
Tea room Rhijnauwen
Theehuis Rhijnauwen is a household name in Utrecht and undoubtedly the best place to eat pancakes.
- By Stephan + 2
- Leon: “Don't forget to get your biological milk at one of the farms. Also, the pancakes here are amazing.”
- Studentlife Team: “Theehuis Rhijnauwen is a charming restaurant in Bunnik and ideal spot for a cup of tea and a piece of cake. Surrounded by nature, it stands out for its unique atmosphere.”
- Stephan: “You can eat delicious pancakes here! I especially like coming here in the summer, because Theehuis Rhijnauwen has a beautiful and large terrace.”
Ohøj coffee roasting
This cozy cafe provides great coffee, the barista is always dancing and is always in a good mood, so it is the ideal study break location!
Café Madame Jeanette
The coziest place in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
A green oasis in a historic building, for brunch, drinks & dinner
Coffeebar Jazzmans Minneartbuilding
The favourite bar of all science students
Beach Oog in Al (SOIA)
Unique place in Utrecht, a beach surrounded by water with a beautiful view.
Foodtruck Broodje Ben
Broodje Ben is a household name among Utrecht students
- By Stephan + 2
- Studentlife Team: “No student can resist a sandwich from Broodje Ben. Due to their large selection and amazing quality, there are always long lines in front of their stand. But it’s worth the wait.”
- Derin: “Who doesn’t know Boodje Ben? Whether it be by the Science Park or at the Oudegracht, Boodje Ben offers unlimited choices of sandwiches so you’ll never be bored or run out of choice. 21 is my personal favourite, the pine nuts, mango and chicken just blend so well together.”
- Stephan: “During my breaks I like to get a delicious lunch at Broodje Ben together with a few fellow students. These sandwiches are highly recommended! ”
De Neude square
Perfect place to have a drink, paced with bars and restaurants
- By Berne + 1
- Studentlife Team: “Neude is the place that pops into your mind when someone asks to go for drinks. Among students, it has become a popular meeting point, while going out with friends.”
- Berne: “Square De Neude is a meeting place for me and my friends, as it is located in the city centre.”
Coffeebar Anne & Max
In the summer, the courtyard garden is a great place to be.
- By Berne + 2
- Studentlife Team: “Anne&Max is one of the best breakfast places in Utrecht. They also offer delicious coffee which now you can enjoy in their beautiful outdoor patio!”
- Jiani : “Anne&Max is a popular café in the city center, serving a delicious brunch. You need to try their croissant with scrambled eggs and salmon. It’s amazing! ”
- Berne: “Also a good location if you are looking for a place to study!”