Other shops Shopping
An overview of all favourite shops from our students.
- Other shops
An overview of all favourite shops from our students. VIEW ALL
Kilo Kilo Store
Vintage shopping has never been easier
Cheap option for your grocery shopping
Get allured by the smell of the freshly baked bread
Leidsche Rijn centrum
Check out the Jumbo food market
Embrace your spiritual journey at this very unique store in the city centre of Utrecht.
- By Thomas + 1
- Lobke: “This is the ultimate store for everyone who loves spiritual matters, but actually also for everyone who doesn't. There is always so much to see, hear, and smell (lots of different types of incense). I always find great gifts here; lucky charms are my favorite.”
- Thomas : “Personally, I don't care for the spiritual items in the store, but I visit Ananda regularly to buy beautiful stones. As gifts for friends and, of course, to expand my own collection of minerals and fossils.”
The Variated Vintage Venue
Dille & Kamille
Nice store with sustainable products, perfect for gifts!
Gift shop Waar Utrecht
WAAR offers multiple sustainable alternatives, that are otherwise hard to find in typical shops and supermarkets
Shopping centre Hoog Catharijne
The one-stop shop for everything you need in life.
- By Fayruz + 3
- Berne: “Shopping mall Hoog Catharije is a meeting place for me and my friends, as we have the chance to do some shopping and then enjoy a coffee.”
- Studentlife Team: “Apart from a myriad of stores, Hong Catharijne offers a lot of food options together with its convenient location just few minutes’ walk from Utrecht Centraal.”
- Fayruz : “This is easily my favorite place in Utrecht. I can get lost here for hours and always find something to do. I love that it has everything from Amazing Oriental, Bruna bookstore, and Action to clothing stores, Lush, and countless other shops, as well as great restaurants.”
Shop Zuivelhoeve Utrecht
Zuivelhoeve is a famous shop selling mainly Dutch traditional cheese.
Board games shop Subcultures
One of the board game shops of Utrecht
Vintage store Episode
This is one of the most popular thrift shops in the city center, favorite of many students.
- By Berne
- Berne: “Episode is the epitome of an organized chaos. There are way too many things in the store, yet they are neatly sectioned according to colour, material and types. If you have an unconventional themed party to attend to, I’m sure you’ll be able to find something jaw dropping at Episode for it”
Liquor store Wine & Whisky
A liquor store for the connoisseur
Located in the heart of the city, passing by the canal is a daily activity for most Utrechters.
Plant store Rood en Bloem
A cute little shop full of plants and everything you would need to take care of them
Book shop Broese
One of the biggest bookstores in Utrecht
- By Stephan + 2
- Studentlife Team: “International students love visiting Broese due to its large collection of English books. It’s the biggest bookstore in Utrecht which also contains a coffee shop where you can enjoy your reading with a cup of coffee. ”
- Wiktoria: “I always spend hours in Broese, just walking and looking at books. As an international student, I appreciate the wide availability of English books. ”
- Stephan: “The extensive collection of original books ensures that it is always hard not to come out with one or more!”
The place for plants!
- By Fayruz + 1
- Milan: “Although I first ridiculed a friend of mine for her amount of plants, I now have eleven in my room…”
- Fayruz : “Flowers always remind me of my mom, hopping from one blossom to another like a little girl finding her happy place. There are so many beautiful flowers and plants on this market. Simply strolling amidst them makes my day better. ”
This monumental book store in the heart of the city provides beautiful books not only for Dutch but also international students.
It's a Present!
Struggling to find the perfect gift? Visit It's a Present!
- By Sarthak + 1
- Vito : “Here you can buy nice gifts, gadgets and cards for your friends and family. It is a cozy and colorful shop where you see something new every time you are there.”
- Sarthak: “Imagine a store that's just like the Room of Requirement from Harry Potter. You never know what you might find inside, but one thing's for sure: it has something for everyone. ”