Cultural Highlight Culture
Utrecht is full of historic buildings, squares and other cultural highlights.
- Cultural Highlight
Utrecht is full of historic buildings, squares and other cultural highlights. VIEW ALL
Music complex Tivoli Vredenburg
Tivoli is a hotspot for students and music lovers who meet there for concerts and events of any kind.
- By Smaranda + 4
- Studentlife Team: “Tivoli not only hosts amazing concerts. It’s also a great place to go out dancing with your friends.”
- Isa: “Apart from parties, events such as the International Comedy Festival Utrecht are also organized in Tivoli.”
- Smaranda: “By far, my favorite place to enjoy music in a concert hall or a restaurant during the day and their many club-events during the night. ”
Historical square Janskerkhof
Janskerkhof and the streets surrounding it represent the historical beauty of the city of Utrecht in close proximity to the City center library of the UU.
Fortress bij Rijnauwen
Together with Amelisweerd, this is Utrecht's most popular outdoor area.
- By Berne + 2
- Stephan: “I love to take a walk in the countryside and enjoy the beautiful weather.”
- Manu: “The fort itself is really nice, and I also like the woods around it. There are often playful sheep around the fort!”
- Berne: “It’s hard to miss Fort Rijnauwen if you go on your morning runs around the forest in Amelisweerd. The history behind the walls adds a bit of character to the forest and its beautiful flora and fauna. The sunset walks there are amazing too, definitely check it out in the early months of May, when it’s the perfect weather”
Tunnel under the Ganzenmarkt
In the evening, the Ganzenmarkt Tunnel makes for a great location for some pictures.
Café restaurant Winkel van Sinkel
This is one of those places that feel so vibrant and alive.
Castle De Haar
Although the castle is the largest one in the Netherlands, there are not a lot of tourists/visitors around. If you have a museum card, you don't need to pay for entrance fee
This park is a few minutes away from the the City Center University library and is a popular meeting spots for students.
- By Thomas + 5
- Studentlife Team: “Griftpark has so much to offer, from a basketball court to skate park and a “city petting zoo”!”
- Ingmar: “Contrary to other parks in Utrecht, Griftpark entertains all walks of life from your casual dog walker to skater and basketball enthusiast. ”
- Thomas: “A beautiful park, perfect for a picnic with friends. It also has an interesting history. Until 1960, it was the most polluted place in Utrecht due to the gas factory that was built there.”
The most iconic UU building in the city centre
- By Berne + 2
- Studentlife Team: “It’s a historical place where the Union of Utrecht was signed in 1579, eventually leading to the formation of the Dutch Republic! Now this is where all academic ceremonies take place.”
- Derin: “Every time I walk through this location, it always motivates me.””
- Berne: “It is such a beautiful building to visit and to take a picture of. As it is located nicely in the centre of the city, I love taking a walk around the area, visiting the building and proudly saying that I'm a UU student :)”
A small study building located on the UCU campus.
Cinema Pathé Rembrandt
Cinema on the Oudegracht in the centre of Utrecht.
- By Studentlife Team + 2
- Vito : “I enjoy going to this bios. Here, the well-known films are screened in a cozy cinema, right in the center.”
- Milan: “I try to go to the cinema at least once a month and I prefer going to Pathe Rembrandt. It is in the centre of the city, so it is easy to combine with a dinner or a drink.”
- Studentlife Team: “Pathe Rembrandt attracts a lot of movie lovers with its wide choice of movies as well as its brilliant location in the heart of Utrecht, along the canal.”