Large theaters and intimate play houses; there is something for everyone.
Large theaters and intimate play houses; there is something for everyone. VIEW ALL
Louis Hartlooper Complex
Former police station, now one of the coolest movie theatres in the city!
- By Valerie + 2
- Studentlife Team: “Louis Hartlooper is a must-see for art cinema lovers!”
- Derin: “As a cinephile, I could not ignore this location! You could watch different works from Hollywood auteurs (not Marvel and Spiderman) to European Art House films in this awesome place! ”
- Valerie: “This cinema always gives me a warm feeling. It's so cozy! Grabbing a beer first and then watching a movie is fantastic here :)”
Music complex Tivoli Vredenburg
Tivoli is a hotspot for students and music lovers who meet there for concerts and events of any kind.
- By Fayruz + 4
- Isa: “Apart from parties, events such as the International Comedy Festival Utrecht are also organized in Tivoli.”
- Studentlife Team: “Tivoli not only hosts amazing concerts. It’s also a great place to go out dancing with your friends.”
- Fayruz : “Lemongrass Chai Latte at Tivoli’s café is to die for! Also, I’ll never forget when my mom ordered a ginger tea there and they brought her a huge chunk of ginger in a hot water… We then realized that in the Netherlands a mint tea, for example, is just hot water with mint leaves. Don’t you just love learning new things about different countries? ”
Cinema Pathé Rembrandt
Cinema on the Oudegracht in the centre of Utrecht.
- By Vito + 2
- Studentlife Team: “Pathe Rembrandt attracts a lot of movie lovers with its wide choice of movies as well as its brilliant location in the heart of Utrecht, along the canal.”
- Milan: “I try to go to the cinema at least once a month and I prefer going to Pathe Rembrandt. It is in the centre of the city, so it is easy to combine with a dinner or a drink.”
- Vito : “I enjoy going to this bios. Here, the well-known films are screened in a cozy cinema, right in the center.”
Cinema Pathé Leidsche Rijn
This cinema has 7 screens and is located on the roof of the Leidsche Rijntunnel on the A2 high way
- By Studentlife Team + 1
- Stephan: “I always like going here with some friends to see a good action movie. Especially the films in 4DX are highly recommended!”
- Studentlife Team: “For all cinemaholics out there, you should definitely check out Pathé membership! It gives you unlimited access to regular screenings for 21 EUR per month”
Municipal Theatre (Stadsschouwburg)
This theatre building and its fun architecture is a cultural hot spot for students and teachers alike.
Drown yourself in Hollywood!